My husband actually discovered the one of the stores while on one of our trips to Japan. He went to get us breakfast one morning in Roppongi, and walked past it, and brought me to it later that day. I've been in love with them since. The have so many yummy teas it's impossible for me to even choose my favorite one. Instead I offer my top 5!
1. Strawberry Vanilla Green tea - How did I live life without this tea in it? It goes against everything I was taught about green tea to add milk to it, but this tea is designed to have it added. The milk enhances the vanilla flavor, and compliments the sweet strawberries. There's a lil dash of matcha in it too, to make sure that you can still taste the green tea through all of this, and you definitely can. Amazing, amazing tea. There is a reason this is one of their best sellers.
2. Halloween Tea - I don't think this one was offered for the US, but we picked it up on another trip to Japan during the month of October. It's a rooibos tea, with sweet potato, chestnut, and Japanese pumpkin. A splash of milk in this one makes it heavenly! Nutty, creamy, and smooth. Reminds me of pumpkin pie and autumn.
3. Earl Grey - I have only tried their basic Earl Grey and it's to die for. I'll probably spring for their pricier ones when I use up all of what I currently have. The distinct Earl Grey flavor is very strong in this tea, but that's why I love it so much. It's rich and perfumey, and drool inducing. This is not a delicate tea at all, but sometimes I need a dark, rich, full bodied tea to get me going!
4. Milk Caramel - I often have this before I go to bed, cause it's caffeine-free. Very mild, and naturally sweet, I just add a dash of milk to it. It's very comforting and naturally sweet. Really tastes like a mild milky caramel.
5. Sencha 'Matsuri' - Sometimes I want nothing more than a good cup of plain green tea. Nothing fancy, nothing strong; just a nice yummy cup of awesomeness. This tea is a bit stronger than some other green tea, but that lovely bitterness is well balanced with rich green tea flavor.
For those of you in California, they do have a few physical stores. I go there once in a while, if I'm in the area. Otherwise I still order from them online. The offer free shipping and 'Tea of the Month' samles after you order a certain amount. It's pretty easy to buy enough to qualify for both, and I recommend it. The 'Tea of the Month' is awesome. Every month I get a sample of something different to try, and I have yet to be disappointed in 3 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment